Monday, July 7, 2014

Big Change (A Good One!!)

Something in my head has got to change. My mind has been my greatest asset on the golf course throughout my professional career, but for most of this year, I have been thinking poorly. I have been watching the PGA Tour's Fed-Ex Cup Points List, and every week I put do-or-die pressure on myself. That causes me to play with tension and to be become unusually frustrated with just routine mistakes during events. In addition, my obsession with each week's outcome has consumed me to the point where I have largely ignored the thing that has been instrumental in my reaching the PGA Tour: my process--aka my "Map". I had a powerful weekend at The Greenbrier with two very important members of my team (wifey and sister Laura), and after some quality thinking, I have a great new plan moving forward. I am extremely excited right now! 

I'm going to be on a plane today heading to Silvis, Illinois, for the John Deere Classic. On that flight, I'm going to put my new plan into words and will publish it this evening. I am going to get back on a track of steady improvement beginning this week, and I couldn't be more pumped to get after it! Come back for the plan this evening. 

Thank you for following and continuing to believe in me! I believe in me, too!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...