Thursday, July 10, 2014

Terrible First Round But Still Moving in the Right Direction

The title of this post says all you need to know about my round on Thursday. After a very solid start over the first five holes, things turned ugly quickly, and I couldn't right the ship. I wasn't completely discouraged by the way I hit the ball, but I hit a handful of terrible shots, had a cold putter, and struggled mightily with my short game. I ended up posting a seven-over-par round of 78 in near-perfect scoring conditions at the TPC Deere Run. 

I am very disappointed with that result, but true to my new commitment, I still feel very good about the week of work that I am having. I am continuing to have the best practice that I have had in quite some time, and I know that is the path out of my current slump. Even after my disappointing round today, I had a great practice session this afternoon, and I truly believe that I will be back on my game very soon.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am definitely ready to start a new trend in my tournament play! I am going to trust my hard work, have fun, and play well in round two. Come back for a good report in the evening. Thank you for keeping up with me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peter, great round today (Friday), way to keep your composure and go 6 birdies and 9 pars over the next 15 holes after that tough start. Keep your head up....you can do this. Hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, I was one of the four dudes that marked an errant shot today. You were a great sport with us (say high to your uncle Lou...), had a great attitude and gained 4 new fans. We will all be watching and rooting for you. Stay positive and stick to your plan.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...