Tuesday, February 17, 2015

LA Open Monday Qualifier

I did not qualify, and I really wanted to, so that stinks. However, I had a feeling on the golf course that I haven't had in quite a while. I felt like I was in complete control of my golf ball. It was great. I didn't have that feeling in all areas of my game, but with my irons and wedges, I was as good I can remember since 2013. I hit a few squirrelly drivers that led to bogeys during the Monday portion of my round, and my putting was way off both days. I ended up shooting a one-under-par round of 70, and it took 65 to qualify, so by that measure, I wasn't close, but I can tell you that I am very close to playing great golf. 

I am going to spend the rest of the week (until Saturday) here in Southern California working on my game, and I will fly from here to Southern Florida to attempt next week's qualifier for the PGA Tour's Honda Classic. 

I know that I am kind of like the boy who cried wolf in terms of promising success, but the hard work that I have done is really starting to come together. I need to get all areas of my game clicking simultaneously, but I am very close to making that happen. Great stuff is coming! Thank you for following and keep it here for a practice report from Southern California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...