Thursday, April 16, 2015

Great Start in Mexico

My new commitment paid dividends on Thursday in the opening round of the Mexico Championship. I was playing beautifully and had made three birdies and one bogey when I stepped up to play the reachable par-five 18th for my ninth hole of the day. I drove the ball in the water, and then, despite being committed to a fairly smart plan, I hit my next shot in the water, too. After another penalty drop, I misjudged my fifth shot and went well long of the green past a hole that was cut just three steps from the back edge. Rather than panicking or thinking about the cut, I stayed in the present, believed in my game, and flopped my sixth shot into the hole for an improbable bogey. From there, I went on to play some great golf on the front nine. I birdied six holes on my back nine and posted an opening-round 65 (-7). It was a great round and a powerful example to me of what intentional positive thinking can do. 

In addition to the solid round, I had a great afternoon of practice and am feeling very good about things. Thank you for following, and come back for a round-two report Friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...