Sunday, July 19, 2015

Barbasol Championship Wrap-Up

I am disappointed with my performance at the PGA Tour's Barbasol Championship this past week in Opelika, Alabama. As good as my game felt going into the week, I expected to contend in the tournament. Instead, rounds of 70 and 73 sent me home early. I was in the right place mentally and felt completely comfortable on the course, and I honestly don't feel badly about the way I played, but I definitely am not happy with the scores I posted or the final results. My putter cost me a lot of shots in the opening round, and in round two, I hit a few erratic drives at meaningful times and could never get anything going. It didn't feel like anything was so far off that I should have missed the cut, but no matter how well I executed, it seemed that everything was just a tiny bit off this past week. It all has me feeling very disappointed about my time in Alabama, but I am not discouraged in the least moving forward. 

I know that I always need to be improving, and this past week enforced that, but I still feel like I am ready to tee it up and win on any tour right now. With that said, I am very thankful to have a week off and to spend some much-needed time at home. I will rest and recharge while also putting in some great work on my game. I will be ready to compete for wins when I hit the road for another stretch on the Web.com Tour next Monday. 

My work has continued to be good. I actually gave myself the weekend off from practice and used my "no practice requirements" week that is built into my Process Goals this past week. I did grind out a Light Fitness Routine and am more than on track to complete all of my Process Goals for this segment. I'm excited to have a great week of work here at home. 

All is good! My Outcome Goals are still very much within reach, and I am feeling great. There are nine remaining Web.com Tour events on this year's schedule--five regular season events and four Finals events. I definitely believe that I can achieve my goals of winning two more (at least!) tournaments and finishing the year as number one on the money list. 

I am pumped! Thank you for believing in me and following my career. Great stuff is coming. Keep it here for an update or two from a great week at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog Site

Hi everyone! Thank you for continuing to try to keep up with me. As you might have noticed, I've not been updating this blog at all late...